What to Do Before Moving a Fish Tank to a New Home?
Most people with fish tanks never think about the possibility of moving out and having to deal with the whole moving process for an aquarium. But for those that do think about it, we have some news: You should really get a professional to do it.
If you want to keep your fish safe and their whole ecosystem untouchable, you need to do the following before experts take over:
- Schedule your moving appointment with Expert Aquariums if you live in the Orange County area.
- Five days before moving, change 20% of the water tank every day.
- Don’t feed your fish for 24-48 hours before moving out, so you can allow time for waste to pass. Your fish will be just fine, as they can survive a week or more without food.
- If the moving is going to last more than a week, the right thing to do is let the experts help you with that by taking care of the fish during the process.
Fish stress out a lot while traveling, and that might be a very delicate thing to deal with, which is why some of the experts are bold enough to recommend selling the fish before moving out and buying new aquatic friends for your new place. However, if you take all the necessary precautions, this doesn’t have to be an option always.
After the move:
- If the fish are in bags, make sure to get them like that into the new tank so they can adjust to the new temperature and surroundings. After a while you can pour the fish in the tank.
- With the help of experts, try to treat the fish as if you were getting a new tank, and new fish.
Remember that moving a fish tank is never as easy as you think, and that the wrong move can lead to accidents and severe damage to your fish. One perfect example is the death of aerobic bacteria after you cut the power that supplies the oxygen-laden water. If your tank is lacking oxygen, more harmful anaerobic bacteria forms and can cause your fish to die. This is something that’s not a problem when expert aquarium movers reduce the negative impact moving can have on your fish.
For moving services and more, click here.
Leave a Reply